Driving license classes
The classic car driving license
(Trailers up to 3.5 t permissible total mass)
Class A / A1 / A2
All information about driving license classes
What driving license classes are there?
A driving school typically offers a variety of classes depending on the laws and regulations of each country. Here are some classes a driving school might typically offer:
- Class B (car driving license)
- Class A (motorcycle driving license)
- Class C (truck driving license)
- Class D (bus driving license)
- Class BE (trailer driving license)
- Class CE (truck driving license with trailer)
- Class DE (bus driving license with trailer)
- Class T (tractor driving license)
- Class L (moped driving license)
- Class M (scooter driving license)
- Class S (quad driving license)
However, it is important to note that classes and requirements may vary by country and region.
What is the B196 extension?
The B196 extension refers to a special extension to the Class B car driving license introduced in Germany. With this extension, Class B drivers can drive Class A1 motorcycles (light motorcycles) without having to take a separate motorcycle test.
In order to receive the B196 extension, learner drivers must complete a special additional course that includes at least four theory lessons and five practical driving lessons on a motorcycle. In addition, the learner driver must be at least 25 years old and have held a class B car driving license for at least five years.
The B196 extension is intended to make it easier for car drivers to switch to a motorcycle and thus relieve traffic and protect the environment by switching to an alternative means of transport.